Missed Progesterone Only Pill Advice
If you are more than three hours late (12 hours if you are taking a desogestrel POP):
- Take a pill as soon as you remember. If you have missed more than one, only take one.
- Take your next pill at the usual time. This may mean taking two pills in one day. This is not harmful.
- You are not protected against pregnancy. Continue to take your pills as usual but use an additional method of contraception, such as condoms, for the next two days.
- If you have had unprotected sex during this time you may need emergency contraception. Seek advice immediately.
If you are less than three hours late (12 hours if you are taking a desogestrel POP):
- Take a pill as soon as you remember, and take the next one at the usual time. You are protected from pregnancy.
Desogestrel pills include Cerazette and Cerelle
Non desogestrel pills include Micronor, Noriday and Norgeston